VSTAP is partnering with the National Society of Accountants (NSA) to bring this course to Ashburn. This is the same, intensive, nationally-known, Enrolled Agent (EA) prep course provided by NSA throughout the country at their annual conference.
Lodging: Discounted rooms are available at the rate of $115/night through 9/10/2017. Make your reservations early to ensure that you're able to get into the room block. To book your room, call the hotel at 703-732-8989 or use this online booking link. Your reservation must be secured with a major credit card.
Day 1, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm - - - Part 1 - Individuals/ATP Combo
Day 2, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm - - - Part 2 - Businesses
Day 3, 8:00 am - noon - - - Part 2 - Businesses (continues)
Day 3, 1 pm - 5:00 pm - - - Part 3 - Representation, Practices & Procedures
Testimonials from past attendees:
"I just wanted to thank you for your help, and the course I took... I have passed all 3 parts of the Enrolled Agent Exam. Your course and materials were a great benefit... Chalk yourselves up another success story!" - Kathraine G.
"I passed EA test yesterday!" - Alex S.
View the comprehensive topics list here.
This 22-hour course is a comprehensive and intensive review geared toward a single purpose - to help you master tax basics and pass the EA exam. This course provides you with cutting-edge knowledge, materials and resources to tackle the EA exam and pass on the first attempt! By earning your EA credential, you will forever be exempt from having to take the Annual Filing Season Program and its associated Annual Federal Tax Refresher course and exam. There are many more benefits for becoming an EA including the authority to represent clients before the IRS. You don’t have to take all parts of the exam at one sitting. Instead, you can sit for the exam part by part. This is also a very good, and intense course for those that are entering the field or just want a good refresher. Current EA's are limited with regards to the number of credit they can earn for this program. Choose any one part or all three!
- Detailed 3-volume NSA Enrolled Agent Review self-study course in online and PDF,
- Hundreds of past exam questions and proven exam taking tips and tricks,
- Access to the instructors via email (following the course) for asking questions,
This course has been approved by the IRS for credits in the following areas: Ethics (2); Federal Tax Updates (5); Federal Tax Law (5); SEE Exam Prep* (10). *currently licensed Enrolled Agents are not eligible to receive credit for the SEE Exam Prep portion.
About the Instructors:
- Bill Duncan, CPA, Ph.D, Associate Professor of Accounting at Arizona State University. He was formerly a Director with Ernst & Young where he guided tax education for the firm. Duncan is the author or co-author of three textbooks and has published a number of articles on a variety of tax topics in publications including Taxes, The CPA Journal, and The Journal of the American Taxation Association. He has taught in the AICPA National Tax Education program for over 20 years.
- Robert W. Jamison, CPA, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus of Accounting at Indiana University, Purdue University, Indianapolis (IUPUI). His principal area of specialization is S Corporations. He is the sole author of S Corporation Taxation, and co-author of Multistate Tax Guide to Pass-Through Entities, both of which are published annually by CCH, a Wolters Kluwer business. He is curator of Wolters Kluwer Answerconnect Topic “S Corporations” and subtopics thereunder. He is a regular contributor to Land Grant University Tax Education Foundation, Inc. National Income Tax Workbook and has contributed to Federal Tax Workshop. He presents advanced and update S Corporation seminars for various states' CPA societies and other professional organizations. Bob resides in Leesburg, Virginia. He is a member of the AICPA S Corporation Technical Resource Panel and the Washington, DC based S Corporation Study Group.
If you attend all three parts of this course, you may be entered into a drawing to win a scholarship worth up to $335.82 (the cost of all three parts of the EA exam). In order to be 'in the running', you must meet all of the following criteria; VSTAP will notify the winner via email by Friday, March 9, 2018:
- Attend all three parts of the VSTAP EA Exam Prep Course, Sept. 18-20, 2017 in Ashburn
- Complete and pass all three parts of the EA exam between Sept. 21, 2017 and Feb. 28, 2018
- In one email, submit your receipts and proof of passing each section to VSTAP no later than 5pm, Monday., March 5, 2018. Please use "EA Scholarship Submission - (your name)" as the subject of your message.
- Be a member of VSTAP in good standing at the time of submission (Join now to begin taking advantage of member benefits).
VSTAP Event Cancellation Policy:
If you cancel in writing at least five business days before the program begins, you will be refunded your registration fee after a $50 administrative charge. Cancellations not received by the date required will not be eligible for a refund. If you cancel in writing at least 24 hours of the start of the program you may apply your registration fee to a future event less a $185 processing fee (to cover expenses VSTAP is committed to paying on your behalf regardless of your attendance). No shows will not be refunded. Balances are due prior to the start of the event.
The Accountants Society of Virginia, Inc. (dba VA Society of Tax & Accounting Professionals) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org. NASBA Sponsor #103365
The Accountants Society of Virginia, Inc. (dba VA Society of Tax & Accounting Professionals) has entered into an agreement with the Return Preparer Office, Internal Revenue Service, to meet the requirements of 31 Code of Federal Regulations, section 10.6(g), covering maintenance of attendance records, retention of program outlines, qualifications of instructors, and length of class hours. This agreement does not constitute an endorsement by the Return Preparer Office as to the quality of the program or its contribution to the professional competence of the enrolled individual. IRS Approved Continuing Education Provider Number TATHT.