IRS: Free Jan. 30 webinar to focus on navigating through restart of automated collection notices, penalty relief
WASHINGTON — The Internal Revenue Service will hold a free webinar, designed primarily for tax professionals whose clients were affected by the delayed notices during the COVID pandemic.
The webinar will take place on Tuesday, Jan. 30, at 2 p.m. ET. It will reflect last month's announcement that in general, the IRS will restart collection notices reminding taxpayers of their balance due this year and provide penalty relief on millions of tax returns.
During this free webinar the IRS will:
- Discuss the restart of collection notices and letters, including:
- Special reminder letter, LT38 - Reminder, Notice Resumption.
- Changes to typical sequence of automated notices.
- Gradual approach to sending notices during filing season.
- Explain penalty relief for tax years 2020 and 2021.
- Share helpful IRS resources to resolve tax debt.
- Plus, the IRS will host a live Question and Answer session.
Certificates of completion are being offered. Tax professionals earn up to one continuing education (CE) credit in the category federal tax.
Closed captioning will be offered.
To register for the webinar, visit the Internal Revenue Service webinar website.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.