We are excited to add the next valuable addition to our team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing firm at the Staff Accountant level.
We strive (not always successfully – but we try) to maintain a work-life balance even though we operate in the professional services industry.
We need someone who will:
1. perform daily general ledger accounting, payroll functions, records maintenance, and other daily administration of an accounting department.
2. work diligently to ensure account accuracy by reconciling transactions, investigating and resolving discrepancies, and following policies and procedures.
3. work with firm and client leadership to coordinate the month-end and year-end closing process, including preparation of audit schedules and the annual budget.
4. assist the external auditors during fieldwork with preparing schedules, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary analysis or documentation
5. do other accounting stuff as needed – and we don’t do tax or audit – hooray!
We have a busy environment, it is fun, but it IS busy! We are fast paced, dynamic and consistently busy with frequent change and competing priorities. This is the job for you if this is the environment in which you thrive and if
* 2-4 years of full cycle accounting experience
* CPA or CPA Candidate – preferred!
* Experience working with not-for-profit clients is definitely a plus
* Industry experience in not-for-profit, and government strongly desired
* Knowledge of GAAP and financial statement presentations
* Thorough understanding of GAAS and common audit procedures and techniques
* Be willing to go to client sites almost every day and most of them are in DC
* Be willing to work in our Tysons Corner office on days not with clients
* The desire to work hard and play hard
* The ability to and desire to be flexible
* The kind of personality that consistently demonstrates grace under pressure
* A great sense of humor
To apply, send cover letter and resume to JaneLuba@verizon.net.